Something new that I want to try and explore in this final project is the concept of creating a sort of new world with animated text and pictures. By this I mean that if I were to create a world called for instance, "Delirium", I would show the effects of being in a hazy, drugged out mental state through pictures, motion, and strong words that vividly portray this other world. I could even create new words that are formed only in this mental state. The inspiration for this would be Albert Porta who created his own world called "Evrugo Mental State". Another inspiration would be William Burroughs.
The main reason why I want to try this is because it would challenge me to think outside the boundaries of what is thought of as animated writing, and stretch it to fit my own original version of experimental writing. I don't exactly know what I'm going to do yet, but I have disconnected floating ideas thus far. In doing this project, I don't want the animation itself to be too technical, but I do want to put much thought into the actual ideas that will make up the project. I am not very good at animating text and pictures, so I may need help on some of the basic tweening involved.
By doing this project I will learn how to think outside the boundaries of animated writing and create something more original.
No comments:
Post a Comment