Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wrestling with Words

As a writer, I am deeply interested in the psychological and philosophical aspects of the mind, expressing dark imagery and life questioning messages in my poetry.  Most of my poetry is free verse or in sonnet form, basically unraveling my thoughts onto paper as I sit and think.  I play in a band as a drummer, so much of my writing deals with beats, whether it is poetry with rhythm in each line or actual images of beats(a beating heart, beating a drum, etc.).  I am a very passionate person, so when I write, I use strong imagery to portray the emotions I am feeling at the time.  I think hard about each word I write on paper, which makes writing a complex yet fascinating art for me.Writing is my only way of really expressing intense emotion and description.

No comments:

Post a Comment