Saturday, September 4, 2010
the Sly Slithering State of the letter S
The first thing that pops into my head when I think of the letter S is a snake. Snakes fascinate me with their mysterious and intense state of being, causing me to imagine that letter itself as a slithering, creepy thing sliding across the page with its coils. It doesn't matter if it's uppercase or lower case, both have two curves that are exactly the same yet facing away from each other. The letter S is ready to strike while it still retains its composure, a symmetrical masterpiece sticking out on the page through its smooth personality. The letter S can be forceful if it has to, but mostly spends its time calmly making words flow. I've never seen S extremely happy, it usually rolls around in sadness and a placid state of peace. It is the most human letter I know, seeping out of mouths as it's spoken and is constantly around words to add a sense of plurality and peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment